Saturday 7 May 2011

Wildlife identification!

I thought I would post a short blog for this weekend....Like many of you right now, we are also "enjoying" some much-missed rain and I was calculating that it must have been at least 6 weeks since we had our last shower!! Before the weather broke however, we had some interesting visitors recently.....the first of which posed a bit of a challenge in identification but I am sure that some of you may be able to come up with the answer..............



The following "visitor" is even more of a challenge and I look forward to hearing from those of you who recognise this little creature...........................


Armed with my camera the other day, I also caught up with some of the Easter-Wood herd in their paddocks before the rain came................
One of my favourite's...Easter-Wood Diego, from EP Cambridge Samson who is owned by Wellground Alpaca Stud!

Easter-Wood Latte and Easter-Wood Diego busy doing what they do best...eating!!

This is Fedora who is a charming, experienced mum who has given us 4 lovely females to date!

Be back again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hope that is not your dinner the creepy crawly is heading towards!

    Lovely photos - I'm trying to remember if Latte was that very lovely one with the beautifully coloured, fine, crimpy fleece we saw when we were over that time?

    Diego looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Great Spotted Woodpecker :-) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Spotted_Woodpecker

    Great pictures. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look as though the little creature is heading for our dinner Rosemary. Latte is certainly the same one that you saw. He sure is a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete