Friday 12 February 2010

Moving towards our goal!

I have just realised that it has been over a week since my last blog and so here is an update to our cabin build.........as a condition of our planning permission (and it was a long time coming), we have had to agree to the removal of our much-loved 20 foot shipping container and whilst it is an absolute god-send for secure, vermin-proof storage, we have no option but to sell it, so if there is anybody who has an interest for it at a reasonable price then please let me know. I have included a picture of it below.

This week has been a rather interesting one as it appears that the general caution which has inhibited financial investment over the last year has improved. We have had a few enquiries from potential Alpaca breeders and whilst these have not yet concuded in a sale, the suggestion is that more people in this area are taking more of a look to seek alternative lifestyles.
The weather here has not been too bad over the last week however, today was rather wet but fortunately, it hasn't affected the ground too much and is still fairly dry.

Finally, I mentioned in an earlier blog that I would struggle to keep our telephone/broadband active since we will be having our static caravan collected next Thursday and all of the services of course would be disconnected. The good news is that a friend of my Brother in Law has offered to provide me with extension cables for our existing telephone line so that I can use the telephone from the temporary touring caravan that we first lived in when we started the business. We will be installing this tomorrow in preparation.

I will be back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,

    Just a thought, can you not fit the container in the corner of your barn, it will remain rodent-proof and probably burglar proof too come to that. Just an idea....

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thought Rob but I think there would be some difficulty in "hauling" it in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recall the ancient people moved huge stones from Wales to Stonehenge. I thought you might like to take comfort from that ;o))

    ReplyDelete